Tuesday 6 June 2023

Durins' Folk ~ Should I Build a New Army?

A couple of years back I bought a box of Oathmark Dwarf Infantry. I made all of them and painted most and even bought a command set and a set of heroes. But I still had a few that sat on my paint desk for a long time. These were half a dozen archers. I started painting them but then I lost interest and couldn't be bothered finishing them. 

However, last week I decided to finish the job and get them off the table. And I'm glad I did because they look pretty nice and they compliment my little band of dwarves perfectly.

I don't have much in the way of dwarves and I'm debating whether I should increase their numbers. If I do decide to build them up I think I'd have to rebase them onto multi figure bases. I've started rewriting a set of fantasy "big battle" rules that I created during our extended lockdowns, here in Melbourne. If I take this project further I think I'm going to need a good sized dwarven army to put on the table...

So maybe it's time to bring Durin's Folk up to par with my other fantasy armies. 

Sounds like I'm trying to talk myself in to buying a few boxes of dwarves.




2 comments:

  1. Listen to the voices. If you can afford a few more boxes and you'll end up using them then I see no difficulty in justifying the purchase of some more miniatures. Compared to a trip to the pub and a takeaway afterwards then they'll be a bargain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh noooo... You're not helping. Your reasoning makes far too much sense. How is a man supposed to resist with this kind of thinking?
      I guess I'll just have to give in to The Voices...

      Delete