Tuesday 9 November 2021

The Dwarf Post I Had to Write

The Dwarf Post sounds like a newspaper. Like the Ancient Times - Maybe that means I've now become a journalist. 
So get prepared for some "fake news."

That can't be good!

Anyway, I've done hardly anything of note regarding wargaming. I painted up some more elves to add to my army but that didn't seem worth posting about. I also finished some ancient Iberians but I'll post them when I've finished the other Iberians currently on my painting desk. That leaves me with some dwarves.

I bought an Oathmark Dwarf Infantry box a while back and I painted a few figures. They're quite nice figures but nothing really special. Like all the Oathmark figures, they do what they were designed for but they're really quite dull and uninspiring. As it is, I had the rest of the box made up and undercoated but never bothered to finish them. 
Until now!!!
There's not very many of them but they make up the start of a nice little warband. Two units of 12 figures. I really dislike the crappy shield design I gave them. I might order some decals from Northstar and do the shields again. Decals might give the figures that little bit of extra "something" to make me love them. I often paint shields individually but I just couldn't be bothered to do these with any enthusiasm.
These are my command elements. The King, A hero and a spell caster. The metal figures are nice and a far cry above the plastics.
A couple of units. The unit above is the new one I painted. I think the standard is from a box of Warlord Celts. It had been sitting in my bits box for some time and looks good with these stumpy lads.

I posted these figures below some time last year ~ http://this28mmlife.blogspot.com/2020/11/some-svertlings.html
Hese is a closer look at the metal figures that I just finished. The hero figures is very nice. His face looks odd because his helmet has a mask and the camera in my new phone doesn't capture the image well enough (because it isn't very good in my opinion!). The other two figures are quite nice too
And that's them. Only a small warband but I have a couple of things that I could use to enhance them and give them a bit more potential. I could give them a pet Umber Hulk which would fit into their underground/tunnelling aesthetic and I could also give them some northern barbarian allies. I'm not sure at this stage if I want to increase their numbers as, who knows, I might sell them.

P.S. Why did I have to make this post? Because the blog was getting stale because I haven't posted anything for the past few weeks. So I hade to find something to put up.




4 comments:

  1. I think they look great! I almost picked up a box the other day, but I don't have any particular use for 30 of the little guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I can't remember why why I bought them in the first place because I never intended to build a dwarf army.

      Delete