Thursday 2 April 2020

More Dungeon Walls

I've been printing, cutting and gluing... Printing, cutting and gluing... Printing, cutting and gluing...

And now I have a bunch of really nice dungeon walls. They go together really well with my new stony floored games board. I made a whole bunch of walls, corners, doors, pillars, stairs, interior walls as well as some props like weapon racks, a fireplace and other odds and ends. They came out really nice.

Those of you who have read this blog for a while will know that I do like card-stock terrain and I have quite a collection of it. It's cheaper than resin or mdf and it has a different aesthetic, but when it's done well it can look great. And it took about three evenings to do the lot.

I made this primarily for Rangers of Shadow Deep and you can see it in action right here: Hwyll: A Ranger of Shadow Deep
In the pics below you'll also see a bunch of tables and benches that I whipped up in a couple of hours. They are very rough and ready. They're made of balsa wood with a splash of brown ink.  Other odds and ends are resin that I've had for a long, long time.
 Here's a few shots of the terrain "in action!"


2 comments:

  1. Well I commented on your other blog about this, but just to echo how cool this is. It makes for incredible photo set ups, so I can only assume it makes for an awesome game too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi again Ross,
      I think you're right. I know card terrain can look pretty tacky but, if it's done right, it can look really good too. It costs a fraction of mdf/resin too.

      Delete