Tuesday 15 October 2019

My Paint Pallet

For a pallet I use a 120mm base. One of those sort of hollow bases with a lip that you're supposed to fill with basing materials (or you can put water effects in them). I've been using this thing for years and it was getting a bit full - Full to the point that it wasn't flat any more. More like a 120mm base with a hill inside it.


Anyway, last night I decided to clean it. This is the second time I've done this. The last time was about 5 or 6 years ago. So I cut out the obstruction.

This Hill of Paint is about 15mm thick and considering that many of the layers of paint are about the thickness of dried water that amounts up a lot of layers over the years. My guess is the colours visible in the photo below are thicker layers from when I applied the same colour in the same spot during single painting sessions. 
It's somewhat psychedelic, don't you think?


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. A lot of work went in to making this. 6 years worth of effort.

      Delete