Friday 21 September 2018

My Successor Army is Growing

As mentioned in my last couple of posts I'm currently back to painting up troops for my Successor army. The army is a pretty decent size now. I have 4 units of phalangites of 32 figures each, one medium foot Agema (24 figures), 3 units of thureophoroi (18 figures each), two (or maybe 3) units of euzonoi/javlinmen, two units of Thacians, Cretan archers & Macedonian archers, Macedonian & Thessalonian cavalry and, two elephants.

If I want to,  I can also add about a dozen units of allied Greek hoplites, some cavalry, peltasts & slingers. I've never set them all out on the table, but it will makes up a pretty formidable force if I do.

But I still need more - Especially sarissa (pike) armed heavy infantry. My plan is to make three more units of pike as well a unit of hypaspists. I've also started prepping some Companion Cavalry.

However, I've finished a few more little units recently - My 2nd unit of Thracians and my 3rd unit of thureophoroi. One thing I think I'll need to do is enlarge the Thracian's from 4 bases to 6 bases each.

I also painted up a bolt thrower.

All figures are Xyston 15mm.





4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Michal, I'm trying to make this army big. Big enough to look like a real Hellenistic army.

      Delete
  2. Great looking units Ian. Love the white-themed shields!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that but, I'll be honest... The white shields happened due to expediency.

      Delete